•A Weekend Away in York•

by - 3:00 pm

As I mentioned in my Hello 2017.... post  I met an amazing group of people whilst getting placed for Americamp in Manchester, we got on so well that we decided to meet up again, this time in York. 

I thought I would share what we got up to whilst on our trip away, I also want to point out that I have added a travel section to my blog, so if you want to have a nosey at where I have been, it is now all in one place. 

I travelled down from Edinburgh and met Robyn at the station, we had lunch and then met the rest of the gang. We went for pizza and then got ready to go out. We went to All Bar One and then headed to Salvation nightclub, the cocktails and the atmosphere were amazing and it's safe to say we all had a good night! 



Not going to lie the next day I was slightly hungover and as I stupidly ate a piece of gluten, I was so ill, so the Saturday consisted of me walking around The Shambles doing a spot of shopping whilst the others went to the Dungeons! I bought a few bits and bobs that should feature in my posts in the next couple months! We decided to stay in that night and just chill, we played board games and Heads Up and just had a good laugh. 

Next day was all about The Shambles, I could have spent all day there, it has so many cute quirky shops as well as some well-known shops too. I absolutely loved the cobbled streets and the agriculture of the buildings. It felt like I was walking into the Harry Potter set, in fact, one of the shops has Harry Potter jewellery, as well as a few  Harry Potter wanted signs outside, which gave it a special touch! I believe that Diagon alley inspiration was taken from The Shambles which is amazing!  
One of my favourite shops was The Imaginarium, It was this cute little shop that had so many unique adorable pieces (the animal heads below), I could have bought the whole shop if I had the money! 
We then got a few pictures at York Minister and then for brunch at a quirky pub/cafe, the pictures are on the wall where so interesting to look at! I never actually caught the name of the place it was super cute!










I had one of the best weekends with some of my favourites people and York was just beautiful, I would love to go back for sure. 
Let me know if you have been? Have you got any recommendation on where to do for a nice weekend away?
I am away to Copenhagen tomorrow so make sure to follow me on Snapchat and Instagram!
Have a fab day!

Shoutout to Robyn who doesn't use social media lol

You May Also Like

23 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been to york once and loved it! Definitely want to go again and explore some more. Great post.

    Terri x
    www.territalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love York, its so pretty! Looks like you had an amazing weekend x

    www.alishaceit.wordpress.com x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to York and didn't eve have a vague idea about what it looks like. But it looks so cute! I want to go there! Looks like you had a great weekend! xx Corinne from Corinne & Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time! I'd love to visit york one day, the shambles looks so quaint and lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great time! I'd love to visit york one day, the shambles looks so quaint and lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time! I'd love to visit york one day, the shambles looks so quaint and lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like you had so much fun! I love having little trips away with friends. Those shops looked so unique and quirky, I really like the look of what they had inside.

    --
    Emily x
    www.missbeautyemily.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Photos are amazing looks like such a lovely little place!! Looks like you had a ton of fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I've never been to York but it looks gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never been to York! Glad you had a great time, apart from the gluten of course xxxxxxxx

    lucylovesbeautyxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love York! I'm around an hour away and visit pretty often! Glad you had an amazing time! Great post lovely! :) xxx
    Rachel | www.rachelxblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been to York before but looks like it would be a cute getaway. Pixie xz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like so much fun! Especially all the board games hehe, love that sort of stuff!
    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com
    #Bloggerspromohour

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love York, it's such a charming city with loads of things to see round every corner hi went for a day this summer and loved it! Totally agree with you about The Shambles, it's adorable and a must see place for everyone who visits the city! You and your friends look so smart and so happy in your pics as well, I'm so glad you had such a nice time!

    Abbey 💓 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never been to York! We're looking at doing a mini romantic break somewhere just the two of us. So many places I don't know where I'd like to go, looks like you had a good time there. It's lovely to be surrounded by people who make us happy.

    Tania || www.taniaalexandraribeiro.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love York, my grandma lives there so I'm there quite a lot! The streets around the shambles are so cute and unique! Glad you had a good time,
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. York is only a short drive from me so we go fairly often. It's such a quaint town and I always find something quirky to buy there!

    Sian x
    http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like you had an absolute blast! I'm sorry for the hangover and the gluten getting to you. Your photos are great and I love how you compared it to being in Harry Potter world because it seems just like it. (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't been to York for over 10 years. Looks like you had a great time :)

    Steph xx

    Steph's World | Lifestyle Blog | www.stephsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm absolutely dying to go to York because of the shambles! It's such a gorgeous city and it sounds like you had a really amazing time! X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like an amazing weekend! I haven't been to York since I was a child but I would love to go back, it looks gorgeous, and I really want to visit The Shambles!

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete