•(Another) Weekend Away To Copenhagen•

by - 12:00 pm

Like I mentioned in my last post I have caught the travel bug, so when my dad asked if I wanted to go to Copenhagen, I jumped at the chance. He and my sister Sarah were getting tickets for Metallica and my mum and I were coming along for the ride :)
Again, I thought I would show you some of my holiday snaps, this post will be picture heavy so just a warning lol



Our flight got in late on Thursday, we took a train from the airport into the centre the after getting lost coming out the train station (a theme of the holiday) we eventually dropped our bags off at our hotel (The Savoy). I loved the designs in the hotel, they were so quirky! We did a bit of wandering around Copenhagen, sat in Starbucks and did some planning for the next few days!  




The Friday we got up relatively early so we could be ready for the day, we decided to hit the National Museum. It was something simple but interesting at the same time! We may or may not have got lost again and took the long way round the Museum but nevertheless, we found it and got in. 
There were so many sections of the museum, it was massive. I actually love walking round museums,  so I did really enjoy myself. 
After the museum, we had lunch, walked around a bit more and then went back to out hotel. Sarah and my dad wanted to get ready for the concert and I just wanted a nap!
They headed off to Metallica while myself and my mum had dinner and went to see Chicago.
I have never seen Chicago, so I was very excited, however, yes, it was in Danish haha. I had a look online and got the summary of the plot, so there my mum and I reading the plot of my phone and not laughing at the jokes. 
I still enjoyed it although they could have sung 'All That Jazz' or 'Razzle Dazzle' in English.. how selfish ;)











Next day was meant to be all about the touristy stuff, we left pretty early again and made our way to Nyhaven. Once again we got lost and went the longest way possible, but made a 40/50 minute walk we made it. 
I loved it, it was so cute with all the different coloured buildings, I could of spend most of my trip there. I will say I think it would look a lot prettier if it was sunny or blue skies. However, it was a great walk and it still looked pretty. 
We then made our way up to 'The Little Mermaid', we walked another good 40 minutes to get to the point where it should be. We walked through Churchhill Park trying to find it... could we no LOL.
I think as it was so foggy and rainy they had closed it off, so, unfortunately, we never got to see it! It was a great walk and burnt a good amount of cals. 
We then decided (or me) to hit some shops, we stumbled across a department store where there was a Sephora (WOO) and a few other shops! We had lunch at Joe and The Juice (my new obsession) and walked back.  After getting semi-lost again (told you it was a theme) we found the best shop ever Victoria's Secret.  I want to say I spent a few pounds in there, but with my obsession and the exchange rate I came out with a very light pocket! 
We had dinner at Hard Rock Cafe and the with 13 miles on my FitBit it was time for a long nap. 





The weather was pretty miserable on the last day so we headed to Ripley's Believe It or Not and the Hans Christian Anderson exhibition. The HC Anderson house was very interesting showing stories that he wrote, like The Little Mermaid and Thumbelina. It was so cute, it reminded me of Disney! 
The Ripley's Beleive It or Not was also interesting but so weird. I never knew what I was expecting but it was so good. My face in the pic with the shark is real fear as my hair actually got caught in its teeth aha ha 
My dad and I then went for the last walk around the centre, all the way to the church, through all the shops. I loved the centre, and of course seeing my dream shop Louis Vuitton. 
We spent the last few hours in the airport before leaving to go home!








I really enjoyed myself, I do love a good trip away! 
Thanks for my mum, dad and Sarah for the great trip away! 
I have a haul coming up with the few bits that I bought so stay tuned for that! 
Let me know if you have been to Copenhagen? 

You May Also Like

31 comments

  1. Wow this place looks wonderful! Definitely adding a trip here to my bucket list <3

    Terri x
    www.territalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like you had a lovely time. Your pictures are so beautiful!

    www.harrietday.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been but have always wanted too! It could be next on my list❤️ Can't believe there was a Sephora😍 Looks like you had a great time xx

    Devonmetcalfe.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been hear before but looks like a nice place to go. I would of been shopping in the Victoria secrets xx pixie www.pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds and looks like it was a great trip! I'd love to visit there sometime! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous, I have been dying to go to Copenhagen for ages! looks like you had an amazing time! x

    https://alishaceit.wordpress.com/2017/02/03/what-i-read-january/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Copenhagen looks so beautiful! I've never been before but now I really want to go!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pictures! Sounds like a good trip 😊

    https://letsgotravel.blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I've never been Copenhagen but damn. You sound like you had the time of your life and that's amazing! Reading through this really felt like I was actually there too haha! love it girl x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to Copenhagen before but it's a place I would like to visit. Your pictures look lovely and that Victoria's Secret 😍

    Tasha x

    http://itsatashathing.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/itsatashathing-labour-story.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this looks amazing!! I've always wanted to go to Copenhagen I'm a bit obsessed with Scandinavian countries! Lovely post 💕

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos, looks like a really great place! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning photography! Copenhagen looks like a really interesting place :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! It looks amazing there 💜

    Shawn Bethea
    Blogger | IBD Advocate
    Web: MoreSpoons.com
    Twitter | Instagram: @ShawnBethea_

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm dying to visit Copenhagen and it looks like you've had an amazing time x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks gorgeous, I'd love to visit! The big question is.. did you buy anything from Sephora?xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a shame you didn't get to see the Little Mermaid, that's on my bucket list of sights to see hehe! Would love to see a haul post of all your Victoria's Secret goodies! Sounds like you had a fab time, thanks for sharing!

    Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love to go to Copenhagen, it looks amazing, some super cute buildings! Definitely on my to visit list :) And I would probably get lost all the time as well haha!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw this just made me want to visit Scandinavia even more - it's been a dream of mine to spend a proper few days in Copenhagen ever since I went to Sweden a few years back and had a little stop there - such an amazing city!

    xx Solange | creativepineapples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. We always get lost on holiday just wouldn't be part of the tradition if we didn't! Sephora would be where you'd find me here.

    Tania || www.taniaalexandraribeiro.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like you had a fantastic time!! Made me giggle when you kept getting lost haha. xxxxxxxx

    lucylovesbeautyxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It sounds like you had a great trip! I'm a huge musicals fan so I'd love to see one of my faves in another language! Makes it a bit harder to sing along though! So glad you enjoyed yourself!

    Sian x
    http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing photos <3 Looks like you had a great time :)

    Steph xx

    Steph's World | Lifestyle Blog | www.stephsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Copenhagen is just so beautiful isn't it! Joe and the Juice is also an obsession of mine too 🙊 Glad you had the best time there, and sorry you didn't get to see the little mermaid (but apparently it is rated the no 1 most disappointing attraction in Europe or something hahaha)
    Lots of love Izzy | www.ADoseOfChatter.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your photos are amazing and it sounds like you had a fab time! I really need a little getaway like this x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your photos are great! It looks like you had a truly wonderful time! (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely love Copenhagen, everything it so beautiful and instagrammable! it looks like you had a great time!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Copenhagen has been on my list of place to go for so long, I'm incredibly jealous! It looks gorgeous and I really love the sound of the HC Anderson exhibition, I'll have to make sure to visit if I ever get!

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks like you had an amazing time! Copenhagen looks amazing, id love to go sometime!

    Lxoxo
    www.lovelibby.co.uk

    ReplyDelete