• SLEEK MINI MATTES REVIEW •

by - 1:00 pm

PGoing down to Boots is tempting but going down when they have their Christmas gifts is just lethal! They have amazing gifts at the moment, which is just exciting, one of them being a Sleek 'Say the Magic Word' Mini Matte Me collection.



I have actually never used Sleek before (I know... what) so I thought I would give it a go. You get 4 Mini Mattes for £5 which I think is a steal!! I am such a lover for Kylies lip kits but they are so expensive that I wanted to try new drugstore brands!!!
The collection comes with 4 mini mattes 'Birthday Suit', 'Velvet Slipper', 'Rioja Red' and 'Old Hollywood'. Anything mini I have to get my hands on!!


  
Starting with this as this has to be my favourite, it is a mixture of the shades 'Koko K' and 'Candy K' which is a complete win! They are my go-to, so this will be perfect to pop in my bag! The colour applies evenly and is a complete dupe to Kylie's! The colour is pigmented which I love, I paired this with 'Candy K' Liner and it just works perfectly!!

This is a not a colour a would normally go for, it is quite out my comfort zone, however, this colour will be perfect for this time of year, especially Halloween! As you can tell I found it harder to apply and it was quite patchy! I had to apply to layers to give me the right effect! I feel that this is a lot like Kourt K even though I  don't  actually  have it.  

As you know I just bought 'Mary Jo K' so I was nervous that it would be too similar, unlike 'birthday Suit' I don't wear red very often! However , this colour has a more orange undertone and is a lot lighter! I find Red lips are hard to apply so it didn't bother me that I had to work harder! I only had to apply one coat as the pigmentation was fab!

Again this was very patchy and  hard to apply, my lips had really just given up applying and reapplying the other shade. I don't have Leo but I am aware that this is very similar! I am not sure if I will wear it but I am pretty sure my sister will love it as it  quite dark. This shade is an Autumn/Winter Shade and would be perfect for Halloween! 

OveralL, I am very impressed with these mattes, the fact they are all so similar to Kylie's makes me wonder why I spend so much money on big brands!! It does take longer to dry  however it makes it a lot less drying on lips, which is a complete BONUS!

I honestly don't know how people do lip swatches on lots of products as my lips were hating me!
Has anyone tried these mattes? What are your favourite Sleek products?
Have a great week!

You May Also Like

33 comments

  1. I keep seeing these online and want to get the set so badly! They look so pretty in the photos and for £5 that is not bad at all! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colours are gorgeous, I may have to pick some up! I love how honest you are pretty!!

    Annie X

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours are so beautiful. They really look perfect on you. 💖💜💙

    With love, Alisha Valerie. x
    www.AlishaValerie.com || www.twitter.com/AlishaValerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i find matte lipsticks so hit and miss; the lime crime ones were terrible for me :( great post!

    mia // https://okaaythen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Old Hollywood slave - so glamorous.

    #bloggerspromohour

    http://lizziedailyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I love Birthday Suit! These all look great on you! x
    http://www.izzieslife.co.uk/2016/10/body-image.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of birthday suit and velvet slipper!! great post!<3
    Melissa x
    lovemelissax.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Velvet Slipper looks gorgeous! I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for these! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh Boots at Xmas is lethal!! However those little matte lip creams are a steal! The colours look amazing too.

    Lisa | www.fairlyrosy.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness these shades are beautiful! Birthday Suit is gorgeous, and for £5, this set is a bargain!

    Grace x
    http://loveellenagrace.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Velvet slipper looks so pretty I think I need to invest

    Www.jazziepickles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love with all of these shades, and for only £5 they're such a bargain! Definitely gonna have to pick these up!

    Amy x

    www.theauburnagenda.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg what a cute little set!

    Terri x
    www.c0yoteugly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a massive lipstick wearer, i can never find a colour that suits me! This is a brilliant post and your blog looks amazing!

    http://everydayyoungmum.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the darker shade, shame it applied patchy!! Either way, they look great on you - fab post!

    jadelsia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Matte Me's in particular my everyday favourite is Birthday Suit. Would be great to have them in mini versions though, perfect for popping in my bag!

    Anna | FarewellMay

    ReplyDelete
  18. As soon as I saw this on the Boots website I fell in love so I'm so glad I now have it! I completely agree with this though - the shades are gorgeous and they're barely drying. Also everything's better in mini size!! Love the photos xo
    ellieslittleeworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE the shade velvet slipper! Have it myself and it's gorg x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooo I need to pick these up the colours look great!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need to look into these! I'm like you and never tried any Sleek until recently.
    Emily-May xo
    http://theaurasoflife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boots at this time of year is 100% lethal!! I brought a sleek set the other week with the highlighting palette and a full size matte me lipstick in and i'm in love with it. The pigmentation is incredible!! Love the post

    Soph xoxo
    www.planetwhispers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab lip swatches! Love these, such a reasonble price and it's a really good way to try a few different colours without spending a lot :) deffo going to venture to the Boots gift section haha. Great post!!

    Lots of love

    Izzy | www.ADoseOfChatter.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What wonderful looking shades. I love how pigmented they are!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  25. £5?!? Omg I need these in my life! I love allllll the shades! They look so pigmented! I'm so buying these! Fab post lovely! Rachel xxx
    www.rachelxblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love velvet slipper and old hollywood! these are all gorgeous colours though :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the velvet slipper colour. Not a shade i'd normally go for either but I think plum shades can look great for a night out. Really enjoyed reading this xxx www.hannahscloud9.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've just bought one of these so if I like it, I'll definitely invest in the mini set. The colours look really pigmented!

    Sian x
    http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  29. The sleek matte me are really great but I fine there is such a different mixture between them some apply really well and others don't apply well at all, I love birthday suit though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have heard so many good things about these Sleek lip products! I'd really like how the shade Old Hollywood works with your skin tone, it really suits you! Great to hear that they are comparable shades and quality to the Kylie lip kits - I am much more likely to purchase these than one of her products haha!

    Abbey 🌷 http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so cute! Unfortunately, I didn't quite get on with the formula of these but I'm glad you're loving them!

    www.lovefrommaira.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes to Birthday Suit! I love my one! Never thought about pairing it with the Candy K liner though, on it!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Omg the packaging is so darn cute!!! I want it like right now! Thank you for putting me on❤️️

    KeepingupwithMJ.com

    ReplyDelete