•Exploring Edinburgh:Dean Village•

by - 4:00 pm

As you guys know, I love to travel, I love finding new places, new people and just exploring. Although I live in Edinburgh I never really explore it that much, Princess Street is as far as I go. 
Last week my friend Rowan took me to one of the most beautiful places and I thought I would share my day.

We first went to Grams cafe, a health cafe which has some amazing healthy foods. I haven't been here before but you best believe I’ll be going back. I had Maple and Bacon Protein Pancakes and Rowan went with Avocado and toast. It was so yummy! 

Rowan may or may not have got us lost on the way to Dean Village and we ended up walking at least 30 minutes in the wrong direction, however, we eventually got there and it was well worth it. 
The village itself reminded me so much of France and gave me major Beauty and the Beast vibes. It honestly didn't even feel like we were in Edinburgh, the houses were just so pretty, and just so Instagram worthy.




I just thought I would add a little OOTD in this post. 
My jacket, that I have gotten so many compliments on, is from Primark. It was £30, and the best thing I have ever bought, it may be a little too oversized but it is so cosy!! 
The boots also from Primark, I got them in the sale for £6, which was a steal. They remind me of something Gucci is selling right now!! 
I paired it with my gorg Kate Spade bag I got in the summer, my complete love! 


We then carried on the walk, down by the river, which was just beautiful. I wasn't dressed remotely right for the outdoors and may have moaned when Rowan made me climb over the trees, however, it was well worth it. 
I really do love being in the middle of nowhere, it is so peaceful and is so tranquil. The rivers and waterfalls were just so stunning, the sound of running water just makes me feel so calm. I wished we could have stayed there all day! 
It all makes me want to head to Michigan, and start camp now!!!



We were actually going to go into the Art Gallery but after walking for 3 hours we just wanted to go home lol. 
Other than getting the worst blistered, I had the best day. It is certainly a place that I want to go back too, esp in the Summer weather. 
Thanks, Rowan, for such a fun day! 
Let me know if you have been, or if you live in Edinburgh let me know your favourite spots? 
Love Emma 
xox


You May Also Like

10 comments

  1. Maple and Bacon Protein Pancakes sound incredible - that’s my favourite topping anyway, and healthy as well?! Your boots are gorgeous as well, and £6 is ridiculously good.. 😍

    Andi | www.andthenzen.co.uk ✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dean Village, it's such a nice place to go in Edinburgh :) it's so peaceful and some houses are so cute too!

    Perrine
    www.ola-banana.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dean Village looks so lovely, I've never been to Edinburgh but I would love too xx

    Kristy | www.thevioletblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dean Village looks so cute! I love Edinburgh, it's one of my favourite places to visit x

    Terri // TerriTalks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edinburgh looks like such a beautiful place to explore! I'll be paying a visit in May and I couldn't be more excited, it'll be my first time in Scotland so I cannot wait to make the most of it! Grams Cafe sounds like it's right up my street, especially if they do good pancakes! I'm not surprised you get to many compliments on your jacket, it looks so cosy but really stylish at the same time! Thanks for sharing your day out with us!

    Abbey xx
    http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful places! It's so gorgeous! xx
    www.imjustagirl16.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg what a cute place! I went to Edinburgh a couple of years back and wish I would have known about this place! x

    G

    http://www.teawithgi.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw looks like the two of you had the best time!!! Totally envious of your breakfast choices too, very yummy. This place actually looks so stunning too, the photos are gorge😍

    Love izzy | http://www.ADoseOfChatter.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like such a gorgeous place, I have never visit Edinburgh before but it looks stunning! Sounds like you had a fab day, I love being in the quiet too!

    Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

    ReplyDelete