•2017 Highlights•

by - 1:00 pm

Happy New Year!! Hello, 2018... 
The festive period is 100% over, the Christmas decorations are down and the stress of 10 thousand assessments is kicking in.
However, 2017 has been one of the best years yet, I thought that I would share my highlights of 2017.

January 

I started off the year with a bang, bringing in the New Year in Iceland. Seeing the Northern Lights, chilling in the Blue Lagoon and visiting the Gullfoss Waterfall where definitely things I could tick off my bucket list. I had such a great time and it was a great way to start the new year. 



February 

I had a pretty exciting month, a met up with the Americamp gang and had a fab time in York it was so lovely to see everyone again, my favourite part though was 100% The Shambles,  it was soo cute!  Then just as I got back, my family and I took a trip to Copenhagen. My sister and Dad went to the Metallica whilst my mum and I went to see Chicago in Danish. I still can't get over how they sang 'Hocus Pocus' instead of 'Razzle Dazzle' lol. Copenhagen was beautiful, however, I spent way too much money in Victoria Secret! 
We also celebrated my Dad's birthday with a typical Gigi's trip. (The best Italian restaurant) 




March

February came and gone and it was on to a new adventure. This adventure was to London to get my Visa, with all the stress I put myself through before, I was so happy that it got accepted! 
With that, I met up with the lovely Jade and Fran, and finally got to meet Jess, who was coming to camp with me! 
I got to visit the Harry Potter Studies again and as before, it was amazing! (Thanks, Mum and Dad)
March also brought my Gran's surprise birthday party, which was such a highlight!! 


April

April was a quiet month, it was all about getting ready for Summer. However, the highlight for sure was seeing Ed Sheeran live. He is hands down one of my favourite artists to see. 

May-July

May, was the start of the best summer ever, I started it off in New York getting all the basic Gossip Girl moments, seeing Phantom of the Opera and feeling back at home. 
Then it was off to Camp Tanuga!!! Over June-August I was living the dream. I was surrounded but some incredible people and the cutest children. 
I don't know about you but I also turned 22!!! 
I made some great memories, that I will remember forever and I honestly cannot wait to go back this year!! Here comes Camp Tanuga 2018!!








August 

Leaving camp mid-August it gave me enough time to go travel, Maddie and I went to Chicago first, then with a quick stop headed to Indiana, meeting Ashton and Emma, then headed to Nashville, then quickly made our way to Atlanta and then finally Florida, to see Sarah and Payton.  
I got my first tattoo, spent all my money on Kate Spade and got a little burnt ;)
It was one of the best Summer I have had!!!








September

I was fully into my college course by September, it was so weird to go back to education after so long but it was nice to actually learn new things. It was also the month of reminiscing and wanting to be back at camp. 
My mum took me to Coro Chocolate Cafe, (yummy) and it was also my friend Rowans birthday!!





October

I was so excited that October came, it was the start of my favourite months. It meant pumpkin scented candles, fairy lights and cosy Autumn nights
October was all about Disneyland Paris, it was our families annual trip. It is just the happiest place on earth! 
I  went all out for Halloween this year, it was so fun and I can't wait to do it all again this year! I also watched Hocus Pocus for the first time, which lead me to watch it at least 3 times more! Why didn't I watch it before!!!!!!!
We celebrated my mum's birthday with another Gigi's trip! 









November

At this point, I was fully in the Christmas mood, I watched Arthur Christmas for the first time this year, (trust me it wasn't the last) and began to buy everyone Christmas gifts. 
I had two sets of ear/sinus infections and had to sell my Little Mix tickets, the saddest part of 2017, sorry Lousie! 
I also had Morgon come to stay, I met her at camp and she was travelling. I took her to the Christmas market and showed her round Edinburgh. It was also the month I started work at Hamley's for my Christmas temp job and the most exciting thing, Animal Crossing Pocket Camp, my 10-year-old self was buzzing!!
Look how bundled up I look aha aha 




December

CHRISTMAS... THE SNOWS FALLING DOWN... ILL BE WATCHING IT FALL!!
Yes, I was extremely excited that the countdown was finally on. 
I watched Arthur Christmas at least 10 times, I  decorated my room and house into a winter wonderland and also was living a dream by working in a toy store at Christmas. 
I wore many festive jumpers and my sister Sarah turned 25!
I had the best Christmas, with my fav people, it was just so chill and then got to ring in the bells with my Chum Louise and her bf Michael! 







With 2018 shaping up to be a good year, I can't wait to get right into it! 
I would love to hear your 2017 highligts! 
Thanks for all the comments and love!!
Here's to 2018!!
Love Emma 
xox

You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. It looks like you've had an absolutely fantastic 2017! Seeing in the New Year in Iceland sounds absolutely incredible, Iceland is the destination that I'm determined to see at least once in my life, I am hoping to make 2018 the year I finally get there! I am loving all of the Disney Christmas elements on your tree, working in a toy store at Christmas really does sound like the most fun, I hope you enjoyed it! I really love your tattoo as well, it is really simple but gorgeous! Wishing you all the best for a fabulous year ahead!

    Abbey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 2017 sounds like a great year for you! I bet starting out in Iceland was amazing.. I'm hoping to book Iceland this year as it looks incredible! Im also super jealous you went to camp, it's something I've wanted to do for years but never took the plunge, and now I'm in a full time job it's pretty much out of the window! Seems like you made some great friends, that you'll probably keep for life! Can't wait to see what 2018 has in mind for you!

    Sarah | http://www.sazsinclair.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah you had a fab 2017!! Hope you have a fab 2018 too!! Love HP! xx

    www.juderivers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I'm insanely jealous that you got to go to Iceland, it's always been on my bucket list so I'm going to try and tick it off in 2018! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Emma, you had such an incredible year! I love that you visited York (it's where I live!!!) and Iceland looks like the most incredible adventure - I'd love to go there very soon!
    I hope you have the most amazing 2018 babe! xx
    www.imjustagirl16.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had an absolutely fantastic year Emma, I loved reading this. Iceland really is incredible isn't it? Xx

    Kristy | www.thevioletblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah I went to Copenhagen this year too! Looks like you've had a great year of travelling and fun memories!! I'd love to go back to Disney soon xx

    G

    www.teawithgi.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a fab 2017! I hope 2018 is just as happy and exciting for you gal! X

    ReplyDelete