•Organised space, Organised mind•

by - 1:00 pm

If you don't know I have recently started college, I haven't been to school for 4 years so it has been different to try and juggle everything whilst not getting stressed at the same time.  
With my first assessment sent and NAB passed I thought I would share how I keep myself organised!  

Making yourself a work corner is one of the best ideas I made, I rearranged my room and made my makeup desk, my work desk. It motivates me more to do my work there, rather than sitting on my bed. The chances of me curling into a ball and sleeping are lower, but it also makes it a bit more formal.

I bought the 'This Week' planner in Waterstones, it looks great on my desk and it is perfect to remind me day-to-day what needs to be done.
My Cath Kidston organiser is perfect to keep my other notepads as well as other stationary, making it look neat and less cluttered.



Which brings me on to my next point. Stationary. I loveeee stationary, the more the better and it gives you a better-selected to choose from and makes your desk look pretty.
Markers, I feel, are essential, you never know when you are going to need them.  I have all these Sharpies and they make me so happy, it is so satisfying and so colourful. I think I got them all for £1o from Tesco.
I also have an array of pencils, I love quotes, so quotes on stationary are just a winner.
These are from the first set of the Zoella Lifestyle collection and a set of pencil I found in Downtown Traverse City, Michigan. (One of my fav places)



Not only do I love pencils I love planners, I was so excited to start college so I could use this one I bought in Victoria's Secret. It started in August and goes all the way to December 2018.
It is perfect, it has enough room for each day for me to keep track of what homework needs to be done and when I have essays due.
 What also helps is getting small sticky notes, and placing them in my diary, I have colour coded it so I know what is due when.

I would highly recommend buying bigger notepads, I bought this Pukka Pad for £2 and it is great as it as 5 different section. I have 4 different classes so it works out perfectly to keep myself right.

I furthermore have Bath and Body Works Stress relief hand gel on my desk just in case I really need it.



I would also suggest opening your blinds/curtains, letting as much light in as possible as well as windows, fresh air is so important when you are trying to do work.

I tend to try and tidy this area just before I go to my bed, so when I wake up it is nice and neat.
Let me know in the comments what you do to help stay organised?
Love Emma
xo 

You May Also Like

16 comments

  1. Planners are my go-to when I need to stay organized. Okay, I always use planners and I write everything down. I'm actually using three planners at the moment! And all for different things.

    Heidi ✨ | Heidi’s Planner

    ReplyDelete
  2. The desk planner is a brilliant idea... I bought one of these before but never used it enough! I'll have to find out where it is and re-use it again. I also believe that having a nice tidy work space motivates you and has you working a lot better... Although I say that and right now I'm working at a very messy desk. Great post Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a desk planner - it makes me feel so organised even if I’m not, in reality. I completely love buying stationery and notebooks and all of that she-bang! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. The desk planner is such a good idea, I'm always tempted to pick one up but I am yet to actually do so. I like my lists so tend to have quite a few going on at what time and I love having them as they really do help me keep organised. xx

    Kristy | thevioletblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing how other people keep organised! I use a Filofax style mini folder from Paperchase that I use to keep track of big future events, and then a weekly desk planner that has a "to email" list and a "to do" list on the side, which is super handy! I am thinking of getting separate organisers for blog and for my studies because it's hard when everything is jumbled together sometimes! I'm also a massive stationery lover 💗

    Abbey ✨ http://www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I'm such an organised person, I love seeing how other people stay organised. I love those pencils - they're so cute. I think having cute, aesthetically pleasing stationery can really help too because it makes you want to use them. I also agree about opening a blind, a window and keeping tidy can have a huge impact.

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good work space is always a great idea and it definitely helps you to be more organised! I also love cute stationery and notebooks as it just makes things seem more organised even if you're not haha xx

    www.imjustagirl16.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the desk planner it’s so cute! These are some really great tips and your photography is beautiful x

    Kayleigh Zara 🌿www.kayleighzaraa.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big stationary hoarder, I have like 3 planners aha! I love making lists to stay organised and use the calendar on my mac book and a physical one too! x

    G

    www.teawithgi.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Firstly, I just want to say your photos are beautiful, I wish I had your work space too, it looks gorgeous! It's interesting what you say about desk planners. I've never had one because I'm always on my laptop or phone but I seem to be juggling so many things recently that I think I might look into getting one. A nice colourful one with a motivational quote sounds like the way to go :)

    Lisa | www.lisasnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don’t actually think I started to become organised until the penultimate month of college?! 😂🤷🏼‍♀️ I really wish I had started it earlier, because revising and creating timetables for my work much earlier on, but I have no regrets and managed without.. 🙊 I’m a huge fan of stationary though! 😍

    Andi | www.andthenzen.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Staying organized is so important in school. I like your desk idea. I literally lived at my desk throughout University. I hope you're having a great semester.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I completely agree, I love having an organised space! Yours looks so pretty! xx

    www.juderivers.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo what a fab idea, I love a nice work space and pretty but essential stationery is definitely a must to help! I’m all about notepads, planners and them little sticky note divider thingys as well they’re my fave!

    Ellie x

    http://elliesbitsofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love using planners to stay organised! You seem so organised, I need to up my game haha! I love nice stationary also :)

    www.laurenannbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great post! I’m hoping to go back to university in September and I’m so excited to get new stationery!

    ReplyDelete