• First Impressions/Get Ready With Me (Drugstore) •

by - 2:21 pm

Hey, guys, I thought I would do a slightly different post to what I normally do, instead of doing your average haul showing you what I got, I thought it would be fun to do a First Impression/ Get Ready With Me. All these products were bought either in Boots or Superdrug so all affordable! 
Prepare some funny photos of me trying to do my make-up lol ;) 




Hello, Fresh faced Emma! 

I am gonna start with the Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation, I always stick to the same foundation but I  thought I would branch out and buy myself something new! 
Now I have pale skin so I normally go for Ivory, and it's normally fine, however, this Ivory is a tad dark. It is wearable and I can get away with it, however, I  just to blend like hell and hope for the best.
  
It is very full coverage so I only needed one layer which is a complete bonus!! I used my Real Technique sponge to apply, it blended well, although it did make it heavy. It is one of those foundations that you can feel on your face! :(

Other than that,  it sat nicely on my face, and gave a dewy finish, which I love! 

Can we talk about how funny I look in these pics, like Cheers up Ems! haha


Next up is Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer, now my holy grail for a long time has been Collection 2000 concealer but I find it has been oxidizing lately. Maybe it is the weather and my skin but when I seen so many people rave about the Bourjois concealer I thought I would give it ago! 
It is £4 dearer, which isn't a lot but I use concealer quite a lot so it seems like a big jump! 

It is a lot thinner consistency which I found made it very easy to blend but also stay in place. With it being thinner, it makes it feel so much lighter under the eyes! 

It is definitely a better shade for my skin and gives my eyes a brighter/ healthier look! I found it gave the best highlight and just worked perfectly!! Completely worth the money! 

I did use my Collection Concealer on my spots and blemishes as it is a lot thicker to cover them up! I then use my Rimmel Clear Complexion powder to set my face! Not too much as a wanted a dewy finish! 


Eyebrow time, I really enjoy doing my brows so I was really excited to use this Maybelline Brow Satin Pencil, I hadn't heard that much about it, one side is a very fine pencil and the other is a sponge so I thought it would be interesting! 

As you can see I have fair hair so finding something the right shade is quite hard, I think the colour is perfect for me. I got it in the shade Dark Blonde! 

I was pretty disappointed with this, the pencil was so thin that it snapped so many times and I actually have none of the pencil left! When I was trying to fill my eyebrows in, I found it quite hard to blend and get the right shape and don't get me started on the sponge! As you can see from the picture below I was confused as to what it actually did to my eyebrows, it is so strange! 

It was good for a base to outline my brows, but it was so light that I actually had to use my Naked Basic 2 palette to fill them in and make them look nice! :(



Last product was Rimmel's Sculpting Palette by Kate, in the shade #1. I have actually had this for a while but I thought I would give you my thoughts!

The bronzer is just a pretty shade, it has a little shimmer through it but it still is great for contour! It blends easily and gave a gorgeous finish to my face! It will be a go to bronzer in Spring for sure!!

The highlight is probably my fav, it is a gorgeous golden shimmer and perfect to make the cheek bones stand out! It applies easily, and sits nicely! It has been my go to highlight for a while! It is such a great price as well!

I don't tend to wear blush that much, however, this was quite a natural blush, like the other in the set it blended well and gave a little colour back to my cheeks!

The whole set is perfect to take on my travels with me as it is all in one, they are pretty colours and I have been completly in love with it!

Lol at my contour face ;)



I then used my Naked Basic 2 palette for my eyeshadow, Maybelline The Falsies for my mascara!
I lined my lips with Koko K and applied Sleek's Birthday suit on top and then the look was complete!
I then tried to take some serious photos but it never happened so queue some weird selfies lol





To sum it all up, the Bourjois Concealer is a must have and I will have to repurchase this again for sure.
The Rimmel Sculpting Palette is also a must with the three pretty shades!
The Rimmel Foundation will be worn on days I feel a little more daring and have more time but I will use it.
However, the Maybelline Brow Satin was a complete fail, I would recommend spending a bit more money for something better, a thicker pencil maybe??

I hope you enjoyed this post, I hope to more First Impressions and GRWM in the future!
Did you like this look? Have you tried any of these products?

You May Also Like

27 comments

  1. You look gorgeous!! I love that foundation too :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hey pretty lady! I love GRWM posts! It's so interesting to see other people's make-up routines!

    Sian x
    http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a BRILLIANT post! Love this idea a lot.

    Steph xx

    Steph’s World | Lifestyle Blog | www.stephsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great, good you like the palette I want to try it as been using the Sleek face form one but this one looks great. Shame about the brow pencil though, but at least you will use 3 out of 4 of them although I know what you mean about the feeling of the foundation xxxxxx

    lucylovesbeautyxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea for a post! I loved seeing how you found each product! Maybe have to do one of these myself. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fab, Emma! I absolutely love your new take on a beauty haul, would love to see more posts like this in the future! The Bourjois concealer really does look like it does the job, I'm very tempted to pay the extra £4 and try it out too! Thanks for sharing!

    Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely look, you look gorgeous!I love the Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation, mine has actually run out so this is a good reminder to pick another one up!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful! I love the look of that sculpting kit!

    Terri x
    www.territalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post love drugstore get ready with me posts x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look beautiful!! Love the shade of your lipstick!

    Love, Melissa x
    lovemelissax.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been looking for that sculpting palette for ages. Love the end look. You're gorgeous hun even without makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That foundation is such amazing coverage! I keep picking the Kate Moss contour palette up, would you recommend? x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your makeup! Looks gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing! I was really intrigued to hear your thoughts on the foundation as I've heard such good things about it - its a shame it sat so heavy! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well despite everything you still look beautiful! I recently bought the Bourjois concealer for a first impressions so I'm glad you like it! And I've used that rimmel foundation in the past when I was going through an awful time with my skin and wanted something high coverage, agree it does feel a little heavy after a few hours though!

    Loved this, Izzy | www.ADoseOfChatter.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I keep meaning to pick up the rimmel contour kit. Looks so nice and perfect for on the go!
    You look beautiful

    Tania || www.taniaalexandraribeiro.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was fun to follow along with! You look beautiful! (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your makeup looks fabulous! I may have to try out that foundation as it looks so good.
    -Olivia Xxx

    http://oliviaxalesha.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. The foundation sounds nice! I tried the blue version (don't remember the name of it ^^) but was disappointed as my face didn't agree with it at all! Giving me spots and everything :( so a little worried to try this one, but as everyone seems to like it I wan't to try it lol x

    Kirsty
    www.corinneandkirsty.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look beautiful. I love this makeup look. It looks so natural but pretty. I've been wanting to try Rimmel foundation for so long. After I saw how amazing it is definitely going to get my hands on it. xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your end result is flawless! I've heard so many good things about Bourjois but it's one of the brands I always walk past so maybe I should start picking some bits up! Great post lovely,

    Ashley x
    https://ashlexyz.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heard so much about that contour palette! Looks fab x

    Morgan // www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look gorgeous! And that foundation is my go-to foundation. I love it so much. Great post! X Larice

    https://hilarice.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That foundation looks gorgeous on you! It's a shame about the brow pencil but I'm loving the look of the bourjois concealer & the rimmel sculpting palette :).

    Ellie Xx | www.make-it-up.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I use this foundation and concealer daily, I absolutely love these products as they work so well on my skin and don't cake or crease, result!
    --
    www.missbeautyemily.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. That lipstick looks gorgeous on you! And I love this post, I always love reading/watching peoples first impressions on makeup products. I really want to try that foundation, and the concealer as I've heard so many great reviews on it!

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  27. I used to always use this foundation! Not 100% sure why I stopped using it though!
    The concealer is one of my faves.. I like to use it with my Collection Lasting Perfection or the UD naked skin concealer as I think it really helps brighten the under eye area up!
    Great post, thanks for sharing!

    Rachel | www.rachelxblog.com

    ReplyDelete