•Hello 2017...•

by - 1:00 pm


I always feel like New year Resolutions are so dumb, we all know that they won't work and within a few weeks its back to same old same old. However, last year I set a pretty simple goal to achieve and that was Confidence. I wanted to step out my comfort zone and just be confident. 
I think I pretty much nailed it, I think 2016 was the year I came out my bubble. I travelled places on my own that I didn't think I would, realising it wasn't that bad. 

I mentioned my struggles with public transport last year and I can say 100% I am so much better, I can get the bus and not think anything of it. I got the bus after a night out at like 2 in the morning on my own, something that I would never have thought last year would happen. 

I also made my way to Manchester with the help of lovely Hannah, who I met for the first time at the train station, to the meet 6 others (Shout out to Emily, Fran, Robyn, Jade, James and Cei) who we had just spoke online. To me, that is a big deal, and actually, I made some of the best friends out of it. We have actually planned another trip to meet up at the end of this month, again I need to travel on my own. Does that bother me?? NO! 

The biggest thing this year was obviously getting accepted to Camp Tanuga through Americamp, I have been wanting to work in a summer camp since I was young so this is *cringe* a dream come true. I am going to be travelling on my own and meeting some girls over there to start our summer, this is a little more daunting however I know I can do it! 

2016 was so successful for me that I feel that I can't top it, however, this year I was to take more time for me. I want to be able to not stress over a text that I haven't had a reply to or a friend that I haven't seen in months. My mum said to me in the later part of 2016 that I used to be,  so carefree and not worry about anything and that I now I stress about tiny little things, and yeah that is true and I want that to change.

I also want to take my confident and not be afraid to meet new people, yeah I lost friends, but by the end of the year, I made so many amazing others that I am so grateful for!  
For some people, 2016 was rubbish but not to be complete CRINGE but I actually loved it, it really changed my outlook on everything!!

I have so many amazing exciting things happening this year and I can't wait!!! 
I really want to hear what you achieved this year? What are your goals?
Have a good one! 

You May Also Like

28 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great year! I'm really bad on public transport, I need to get that under control this year!

    Terri x
    www.territalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, I love this. Like you said, I would definitely want to boost my confidence levels when it comes to meeting people and I just want to be a lot happier and focus on myself and the things I love! I enjoyed reading this post lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you go girl! So proud of all you've achieved xx
    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading how far people have come. This is amazing achievements. So much to look forward to in 2017! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like 2016 was amazing for you, hope you can achieve wonderful things this year!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's one of my goals is to be more carefree too, my health really suffered from getting stressed so I defo won't be getting worked up over little things any more!
    - Cydney x
    http://cydneyhelsdown.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on having a successful 2016! I hope 2017 is an amazing year for you!

    Hannah | alongsidehannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad 2016 was such a good year for you. Traveling alone sounds so amazing. I wish I had enough money to go on a trip to Australia or South East Asia just myself. I am sure 2017 will be even more awesome for you! Keep us posted! xx Corinne from Corinne & Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww I hope the achievements of 2016 continue and just keep getting better and better for you xxxxxx

    lucylovesbeautyxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you had a great 2016! Good luck with everything you want to achieve this year x

    Alina | http://alinasirbu.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw this was such a lovely read! The Americamp sounds amazing, I hope you have the best time! Best of luck with your goals babe hope this year is a good one for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely to read!! Go you for becoming more confident and overcoming big things! You should be super proud of yourself. I hope 2017 brings more amazing things for you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh well done on making 2016 such a good year for you!
    Emily-May
    www.theaurasoflife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw congrats on Americamp, I know friends that have absolutely loved it, and I'm so happy to hear that you're getting more confident. It's all about doing things one step at a time. :) ❤️

    Lots of love girlie!

    Izzy | www.ADoseOfChatter.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so lovely that you gained so much confidence last year! It's nice to have just one goal rather than set lots of resolutions that as you say will just fail! I think I gained a lot of confidence last year too!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. You go girl. You achieved so much and you should be proud 😊

    Steph xx

    Steph's World | Lifestyle Blog | www.stephsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw I'm so happy for all you achieved last year Emma! You overcame a lot so well done. And goodluck to achieving more in 2017, and have fun when you and the girls meet up next :)

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you had an amazing 2016 , public transport is something I'm hoping to improve this year x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a nice read. I really hope you have the best 2017! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's amazing you are doing Camp America. It's a dream I always had too but I feel like I'm too old now haha! You'll have a great time!

    Lxoxo
    www.lovelibby.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super jealous your doing Camp america but also super excited for you! Loved this post :) xxx
    www.rachelxblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you really accomplished lots in 2016; sometimes out of a bad situation something good can happen! Here's to a fab 2017!

    Sian x
    http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year, Emma! Your trip to Camp America sounds amazing, I remember being so jealous when you first mentioned it! I'm sure it'll be the trip of a lifetime! Well done for conquering your public transport issues as well, that's something to be proud of!

    Abbey 😎 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved this post �� I nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award �� check it out here: https://emimarieblog.com/2017/01/12/blogger-recognition-award/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You overcame so so much last year you done amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kudos to you on sticking with your resolution and making a change! I am with you in thinking that resolutions are sort of a joke but making practical goals is definitely the way to go and the new year shouldn't be the reason for them. (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like 2016 was amazing and 2017 can just get better. This year I want to try and run a half marathon.... Eeep

    ReplyDelete