•AUGUST FAVOURITES•

by - 1:00 pm

Hey, guys, I am posting early as tomorrow I am heading off to Paris with my family!
I think most people are saying this, but how quickly is the year going! The fact it is already September is crazy, I mean I am not complaining since it is my favourite time of year.
I am pretty happy with my blog posts and how motivated I have been to upload each week so I can't believe its that time again to sit and write my monthly favourites!  


I am just gonna jump right in by saying my number one favourites this month has been The  Harry Potter franchise.  Since reading The Cursed Child I have been obsessed with everything Harry Potter, I have been watching the films and I am now starting the book series again. It brings back so many memories of when I first read it, making me feel like a child. I suppose I understand the books more now that I am older but fun facts about the films;
1. I had to leave the cinema before Prisoner Of Azkaban came on because the
 Dementors scared me so much, my little 8-year-old self couldn't handle it. LOL 
2. Goblet Of Fire is my favourite, (it may have something to do with Robert Pattinson) 
but I just love the whole concept of the games. 
and 3. Order Of The Phoenix is my least favourite, I think maybe because the
 book was so large but mostly due to the fact at this point the films became so dark :(
The whole thing makes me want to visit either HP Studios or Harry Potter World again!!!

To contrast my obsessed with the magical world, I have been loving 90210! Ever since I finished Gossip Girl, I was on the lookout for another series, I think I watched the first episode and gave up but I picked it up again and now I am hooked. So much has happened so far and I am only on season two so I cannot wait to see what continues to happen. At this point, I don't know who to feel sorrier for, Annie or Naomi.

Next up, has to be my Passionfruit Yankee Candle, I tend to just burn candles in the colder months but I found this and I thought I would give a go. It is very citrusy and has been giving my room a lovely summery scent.  It makes me excited about using candles all the time and I can't wait to get all the Christmassy/Autumn candles out.


Skincare favourites have been these two new products, Dermalogica 'Active Moist' and Liz Earle 'Instant Boost Skin Tonic'. After I was given a voucher for my birthday I thought I would nip into to Harvey Nics and pick-up a few more skincare products.  I have mentioned my love for Dermalogica before so it was must to see what other products they have. I picked up a set that contained 'Active Moist' as I have been looking for a new moisturiser for a while. It feels so light on my face  and gives my face such a refreshing feeling when I apply it.

I have also heard amazing things about Liz Earle but never thought to try anything, however, I have been loving this Skin Tonic I bought recently.  I apply this with a cotton pad after cleansing and I feel it just make my face feel that little bit cleaner. I know it is just another step in your skincare routine but honestly, it makes such a difference. It had given my a 'boost' and has helped tame my break-out.


Lastly, has to be my make-up favourites and that is these Nars Eye Shadow pencils, in the shades 'Hollywood Land' and 'Iraklion'. The shades are so pretty, the copper/gold eye will be perfect coming into Autumn. They glide easily onto the eye and with their creamy consistency makes them very blendable. I have been reaching for them when I am in a hurry or want a simple eye look, they are perfect.

Let me know what you have been loving this month, What is your favourite summer candle?
I really want to do some Autumn posts, let me know if you have any cool Autumn ideas!!
How have I done with my first flat-lay?
Have a fab day!
Love Emma
xox

You May Also Like

42 comments

  1. Oh I really want to read Harry Pottet again!!! Great post! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm literally watching Order of the Phoenix as I read this! Wish I had time to read the books again. Really good post. I'm so excited to start burning my cinnamon candles again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try reading them, they are a easy read!! omg yess to cinnamon candles!!!

      Delete
  3. I will definitely be testing out those NARS eye shadow pencils!

    Abbie-xo
    Chasingmydesire.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved reading The Cursed Child last month too! Definitely made me want to have a major harry potter marathon haha! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Liz Earle Skin Tonic! I've been looking at the NARS eyeshadow pencils for a while, you've convinced me to get some!!

    Amy | The Auburn Agenda
    http://theauburnagenda.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These NARS eyeshadow pencils look amazing! I'll have to give them a lil try X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Harry Potter too, reading the cursed child made me feel the same but I'm trying so hard to hold off till Christmas till I reread them!! the nars shadow sticks look so dreamy, definitely need to check them out x

    http://howlindycsit.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree HP is definitely for Christmas!! xox

      Delete
  8. The NARS shadow pencils are such a staple for me as well!! Always a favorite :) Great post!xx

    www.acrushonlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really agree with you on the Harry Potter thing! I've been binging on the films lately and I just wish they never stopped if I'm honest. I wanna start the books again but finding the time is hard. Great list of favourites!

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shade Hollywood Land, looks fab - May try it out myself! Great post, love all of your August faves, especially Harry Potter! Hope you have a fab time in Paris! x

    Small, Brown & Stylish | Thrifty Fashion & DIY Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a perfect shade for Autumn!!!! Thank you!!! xox

      Delete
  11. Harry Potter!! I love everything about Harry Potter haha - literally my childhood...and adulthood tbf!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those eye pencils look amazing! Will definitely be trying some out X

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to know more about the Dermalogica products! I've had such a bad breakout recently and this sounds like it could be my sort of product!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh check the out, they do different sets for different skin!! xox

      Delete
  14. Those Nars eyeshadow sticks look so beautiful! I recently finished Gossip Girl too and did the exact same with 90210 so maybe I'll try it again!
    ellieslittleeworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Love Love the Harry Potter series but still haven't got my hands on The Cursed Child, must go and buy it! :D

    Anna | FarewellMay

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your really making me want to read all of the Harry Potter books! The Nars eyeshadow pencils look absolutely gorgeous and I love products that you can just put all over the lid. Lovely monthly favourites!

    Ashley
    ashmcc87.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours on the Nars I need to get these xx Pixie www.pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete
  18. Passion fruit Yankee candles really remind me of Christmas and Autumn too.

    Gossip Girl and 90210 are two of my favourite series as well. When I finished them I was looking for more programmes like them all over again!

    Natasha x

    www.natashabolgermedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Nars eyeshadows look so pretty!
    And I'll definitely be checking out 90210! I also loved to death Gossip Girl so I'll definitely give it a shot xx

    Sofia | www.theglamchapter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm reading the order of the phoenix at the moment and I have to say its taking awhile. I love Liz Earle I've never used the tonic I'm going to have to give it a go

    Tasha x

    http://itsatashathing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats a big one so good luck!! Yes try it, it is so good!! xox

      Delete
  21. Ooooh those NARS shadows look incredible! I love pencils like that :) So easy to work with :) Oh and I LOVE harry potter too, so so good :) Loved the post lovely :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg Harry Potter + Gossip Girl. Did you know it is my ongoing life's mission to compile a list of shows to watch after Gossip Girl? WORK IN PROGRESS: http://www.heroinetraining.com/what-to-watch-after-gossip-girl/

    ReplyDelete