•MY SUMMER READS 2016 •

by - 1:00 pm

I was very inspired by Zoe's Book Club which she launched earlier this year. I do love to read but I feel like, in the social media world, it is always the last thing on my list! I am so guilty of choosing Netflix or Youtube over a good book, however, over this summer I have been pretty ill with various infections and have spent a lot of my time in my house or having long baths. I got through quite a few so I thought I would share!! 

If you read my July Favourites then you would have read that I loved All The Bright Places - Jennifer Niven.  I heard so many great things about this but when Zoe added it to her book club I had to have it! Like I mention I honestly couldn't put this down, it is a love story with a very different and sad ending, following Theodore Finch and Violet Markey. It has some tough subject matters but with some great life lessons.
Another book from Zoe's Book Club that I loved is  Beautiful Broken Things - Sara Barnard. First of all,  I love the cover, the colours are so pretty, Zoe did a great job at changing it.
The book itself is great, it follows Caddy, Rosie, and their new friend Suzanne. The book turned out not exactly how I imagine it would go. The book, just like ATBP has very sad points as well as happy points. I think this book is great in realising everyone is going through their own struggles.
Sticking with the theme of Zoella, I finished Girl Online: On Tour- Zoe Sugg I started this at the start of the year but I just never really got into it. I know it is aimed at the younger audience and I am not sure if that is why. Nevertheless,  I picked up from where I started and ended up really enjoying the book. I loved that the theme is love but also all the way through Penny suffers from anxiety. I can relate to this character as I think many others can. I honestly can't wait for the next book to be released.
The next book,  I actually found on Amazon after browsing for new books and that is Four: A Divergent Collection- Veronica Roth. I mentioned in my April Favourites and my Two Weeks in Malta posts that I really enjoyed the Divergent series so I thought it was great that there was another book.  It wasn't exactly what I thought it was going to be. I thought it was what Four was up to after Allegiant finishes, however, it is about Four's life before and during the books! I really enjoyed the book and if you are a Divergent fan then I would 100% recommend.
I have already read this book back in High School but after I bought it in America I thought I would give it another read.  The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time- Mark Haddon follows a boy named Christopher who has autism. Not to give the plot away that much, but he finds a dog killed in his neighbours garden, in which he is determined to find out what happened. The book is funny but also very sad but gives you a good insight of an autism sufferer.
And lastly, Harry Potter and The Cursed Child- J.K Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Throne I was such a big Harry Potter fan as a child so when I found out there was a new book it was very exciting,  I never knew, however, it was going to be in a script version. Nevertheless,  I have actually only started this book  a few days ago and I have already finished it. I thought the start went quite quick,  you are three years in and it is only page 30 something? The rest has been  super intense and packed with 'magical action', it  makes me want to read the whole book series again!!!

Can't believe summer is nearly over, although I honestly can't wait for Autumn.
Is there any books that you feel like I need to read?? Let me know?
Have you read any of my summer reads, what did you think?
Make sure you tweet me at my new blog twitter @EmmaLanglands_
Love Emma
xox

You May Also Like

17 comments

  1. I haven't actually read any of these books but I would like too and I really like the sound of All the bright places. Great post. x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should 100% read AtBP, it is an amazing book! Thank you! :) xox

      Delete
  2. Just finished the Cursed Child myself! Brought me right back into the world of Hogwarts haha. I remember reading The Curious Incident when I was younger! I should really read it again
    Steph x
    http://mapetitefiche.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has made me start the whole book series again!!! Yeah, go for it! xox

      Delete
  3. Really want to read the new harry potter book and this has made me want to read it even more! http://youcancallmecaz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the bright places sounds looks really good!the curious incident of the dog in the night time looks great too. I really need to make more time for reading!

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, take time out your day and read, it feels so good!!! xox

      Delete
  5. I don't read enough. I really need to make time, I have so many books I want to read!
    The Cursed Child being one of them! I love Mark Haddon's Curious Incident; I went to see it in the West End once too! It was great!

    Lorna | eatmyyythoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still feel that I need to make more time, I have so many books too! Oh, I know it is playing near me soon and I really want to get tickets!!! xox

      Delete
  6. I brought 'FOUR' thinking it was about Four after Alligent as well, so i was a little disappionted when i realised it wasnt, ill read it at some point though, i love some Four!
    Loved this post, will be checking out the first two books from this post, loving the cover of 'Beautiful Broken Things'

    Dana
    Fashion Dew // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sill a really good book, it tells the story in his view, so its another side of the story!1 You should totally read it! Thank you xo x

      Delete
  7. I loved reading All The Bright Places, read it ages ago now so might have to read it again soon! Will definitely have to read a couple of the other books too! xo

    http://beautybloggingwithbeth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never read books twice but I will 100% need to read this again, at some point! xox

      Delete
  8. Love this. We've read a lot of the same books so that's fun 😊 I have a full Cursed Child review coming out on Wednesday too 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Curious Incident and the cover on your copy is so so nice!

    Paris x
    http://lifeinflorals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete